Re: Stallions

> My old Scotch and Soda stallion made it thru more than one ride with
several
> vets not even being aware he was "all there",  not mind many of the
riders.
> One nite a late arriving trailer pulled in very close to us,  only spot
they
> could find, unloaded a mare (in season) and tied her on the near side of
> their trailer.
> and went to bed.    Neither horse said a word all nite.   Says a lot for
> manners all round.   They knew my horse and never would have knowingly
> tempted him, but didn't recognize him in the dark.

Dot's old Scotch and Soda horse was a wonderful old boy--and a perfect
example of the fact that even when one is a breeder of a particular breed,
one still has to appreciate the good individuals of another.  I always loved
to see Dot on this old horse at the rides.

From the same era--I can remember Pat Gervais (now Grisvold) parking fairly
close to us and unloading her old stallion Tezero and three other horses, at
least one of which was a mare, and tying them all to her 4-horse stock
trailer.  We had a mare and a stallion on our rig.  I remember coming out in
the morning and Pat's mare was tied right next to Tezero, and was
practically peeing on his nose, she was so hot--and he had not said a single
word all night, nor had our boy.  They both understood the difference
between being there to work, and being home in the breeding barn....

Heidi