Re: Darolyn & Barefootin'

> Cheryl, it still isn't pain until the anesthesia wears off.  Last I
checked,
> anesthesia was still prohibited under AERC's drug rules. What you are
> talking about here is damage, not pain.

Yes, and before I sent that original post I considered changing it to
"damage" rather than using the word "pain" just for this reason. I felt it
was likely to be twisted around, even though I think you probably understood
my meaning. Maybe not, it wouldn't be the first time I lacked clarity in
expressing myself and probably won't be the last.

> And since our shod horses are
> running with nerves intact and not altered by drugs, if any damage is
done,
> it becomes pain, which is, indeed, felt.

Okay how about dulled ability to perceive pain? Running around on horses
who's ability to perceive pain has been dulled. Therefore allowing damage to
be done, but unable to even fully feel the pain after the damage has been
done. Is it more okay.... oh never mind.

Not trying to get coal or switches, just trying to offer ideas to consider.
And hey if you're not interesting in considering new ideas, fine with me. We
all do what we believe is right. We don't all have to believe the same, do
we??

Cheryl