Re: RC: Re: Darolyn & Barefootin'

On Mon, 17 Dec 2001 19:58:14 -0600 Tara Wheeler <harpy@io.com> writes:
> And Darolyn, anytime you want to ride on rocks, I'll be happy to
> meet you
> out at Lake Sommerville, it's halfway between Austin and Houston.

 Ya know, I clean forgot about Somerville!  It's a heck of a lot closer
than the hill country, and definately rocky - especially coming out of
Nails Creek.  About two years ago I was riding Scarlet out there and she
threw a shoe at 7 miles.  I had never heard of easy boots at the time and
this mare has extremely sensitive feet.  I had to get off and walk all
the way back. (and this was July, cloudless skies and about 99 degrees.
Definately not a good memory.)
My riding buddy and I are planning a day trip out there second weekend in
January.  Would love to have you join us. :o)

Rae
Tall C Arabians - SE TX