Re: RC: Kinda of OT - Sarcoids?

I had a horse with a sarcoid on his face.   My vet said they can be treated
with surgical excision  or topically with 5 FU (a chemotherapeutic agent)
sounds like this is how your friends horse is being treated.  My vet said
you can treat them and they will either go away or not go away.  Or, you can
not treat them and they will either go away or not go away. So I  decided to
do nothing. I sold the horse, and told the buyer what the my vet told me and
what my decision was and why.  At first the new buyer was going to have
surgery, but then decided against it. At this time the sarcoid is still
there and the buyer is doing what I did - nothing.

Moral of the story - treat all sellers like used car salesman - and that
most of what they tell you is a lie. and have a vet look at a horse you are
thinking of buying.  Sarcoids take a long time to develop.  I doubt it could
have happened from an injury 4 weeks before.
Betsy