Re: Re: Conditioning Tips/Schedules for The Full Time Worker

well thats fine if you have access to 5 - 7 miles of hills etc.  If however
like me you have access to 5 -7 miles of narrow roads leading onto a major
motorway network all of which are nose to tail with traffic travelling at
around 45 - 50 mph from 5 in the morning to 7 to 8 in the evening its not
practical or safe for horse, rider or motorist!

I have a pulse monitor on my horse and it is actually possible to push the
heart rate up - but not as you say to the same degree as long trail rides.
However, if an arenas all thats available its sensible to make the best of
things isnt it?

One questin though I assume you ride in the dark? If so do you use a head
lamp like a troxil one? I was moaning on about the cost of the arena and the
yard manager has sayed I can use the paddocks - there not huge about 8
acreas per paddock and I can use two of them. Theres more scope for interval
training and it will vary things for my horse. So Im wondering if a headlamp
would assist?

Tamara