Re: RC: waterproofing a blanket

Living in western Washington we get a lot of experience at
waterproofing.  The only thing I know of that works in the washing
machine and then only if you start with a breathable waterproof fabric
are the Nix-wax products.  Follow the directions carefully and be sure
to use enough of the product.  First wash the item, rinse twice and then
run the items through the whole cycle again using the Nix-Wax product
for breathable, waterproof fabrics.  I use an entire bottle for one rain
sheet.  This was originally made for Goretex jackets and the like but
works fine for horse rain sheets.