promoting hoof growth and hardening hooves

  My horse has good feet (no chips, cracks or stone-bruising),
but he is barefoot now and his feet are not growing at all. His
hoof walls are worn to the sole at the toe, front and back.  I
use easy boots in front, and will probably need to get some for
in back as well since his rear feet are worn too.

I currently feed about 2 lbs 10% sweet feed and 1 oz Mega Mag
per day (nutritional info for Mega Mag follows) plus hay and
chopped forage.  He is on %100 turn-out (field board).  Is
there any supplment or dressing that will promote hoof growth
and/or harden hooves?  Also, someone recommneded provodine
iodine to harden hooves - anyone know anything about this?

Mega Mag:
GUARANTEED Analysis:
Live Microbials (Probiotics) 1.5 x 108 oz. Stable to 180° (I
billion, 500 million)

Vitamins
Vitamin A 520,000 USP* Vitamin C 1000 mg
Vitamin D3 40,000 USP Vitamin K 16 mg
Vitamin E 1000 USP Niacin 4000 mg
Thiamine (B-1) 800 mg Choline 4000 mg
Riboflavin (B-2) 640 mg d-Calcium
Pyridoxine (B-6) 200 mg Pantothenate 200 mg
Biotin 250 mcg Folic Acid 24 mg
Vitamin B-12 64000 mcg

Minerals
Calcium 14,000 mg Magnesium 1800 mg