From: SunsetOvrC@aol.com [mailto:SunsetOvrC@aol.com]
Sent: Thursday, December 06, 2001 7:55 PM
To: ridecamp@endurance.net
Subject: RC: Am I hurting my horse?

I weigh about 200 pounds and my Arab mare is only 14.2.  She has an average
length of back.  Her loin muscles and general condition have improved
considerably since I got her.  (she was underfed when I "rescued her".)  You
could see the bones of her croup and the little hollow behind it, which has
since filled in.  I have been trying to stay on a diet for myself and for
her.  I know a lot has been learned about weight ratio to performance.  Does
anyone have that formula that they figured out at the Tevis?  The one that
showed that above a certain ratio horses failed to complete.
Not that I'm planning to hit the Tevis any time soon, but it would be
helpful