Gimmicks

Tami Keller ckellerfarm@stellarnet.com
Hi all,
This was sent to me sometime ago by  a freind. I was thinking it fits in.
Miles make smiles!
Tami Keller ( still riding)

 Gimmicks            by Monte Baker

 Did you ever stop & notice that horse owners, as a group
 are just about the simplist kind of folks to try and dupe?

 They'll take a shot at anything that someone says might work,
 and if they can't get it quick enough, it drives them plum berserk.

'Cause folks who're into horses aint happy till they've bought
'bout every single gimmick that their feed store owner's got.

 And if our trainers tell us that they think there's somethin' to it,
then we all grab our checkbook and run right out and do it.
'Cause all of us horse owners have bets we'd like to hedge,
 and we're forever searchin' for that little extra edge.

I've pumped'em full full of vitamins & supplements all day
 just tryin' to make'em better, in any kinda way.

I've bought every kind of of magnet that was ever known to man
 and herbal feed concoctions that come from foreign lands.
 Laser guns and liniments and pump-up saddle pads,
 just to name a couple of my receint equine fads.
 And I thought I had real problems till I heard about the man
 who talks to all his horses, and claim they understand.
 Chiropractors, horse massage, and apple-treaty bites,
 and stuff you rub on horses to reduce their cellulite.
 And then you got your tricky stuff, your veterinary potions,
 and your tail-bags & your neck sweats & your tick removing lotions.
 Hell, I've shod some of 'em backwards to improve their way of goin'
 and left the lights on all night long to keep their hair from growin'.
I've got every kind of skid boot that's been strapped onto a horse
and every kind of product that some trainer might endorse.
 I've been to all the clinics that have ever come to town
 and I've listened to the lectures from the horsemen of renown.
 If it's been made, I've tried it & prob'ly more than once,
 but, friends, I've got to tell you that I've kinda got a hunch
 That I'm not the only one gunsel to spend a wad of jack
 on pills to keep a horse from those anxiety attacks.
 And I never really figured I could ever own enough
 of remedies & medicines & all that other stuff.
 But I've come up with a concept that I think is quite unique;
 it's the final magic answer that all horse owners seek.
 This plan I have is sure to revolutionize the game,
 and all the publications will fight to print my name.
 See, I've got a brand new theory that'll knock you on the floor -
 I believe the horse who does the best is the one who gets rode more.