Merino saddle covers

Looking for any comments regarding the Merino sheepskin full saddle
covers - the ones that cover all the way down to the stirrups.

I have a brand new saddle that I love (Desoto) but the seat is a bit
slick, and I was thinking a nice comfy sheepskin cover would be nice,
and perhaps help me "stick" a little better during those spook-and-spins.

But I'm concerned about how thick they are.  Are they really thick and
puffy, to the point that my seat space would be a lot smaller?  Also, do
they give you the feeling that you're lifted up too far from the saddle?
 I tried a Supracor seat saver one time (on another saddle) and it was
so thick and cushioned that I felt totally detached from my horse, like
I was riding way up high on top of a pillow or something.

I want to still have the close contact feeling that I have now.   Would
one of the sheepskin covers work for me?

Also, do they fit well over western style fenders as the Desoto saddle
have?  Do they slip around a lot, or do they stay put?

Thanks for any opinions.  Would like to know before I plunk down over a
$100 on one.  :)

Jennifer