Slide In Campers

Kathy Adams Kathy.Adams@na.biomerieux.com
I am contemplating switching from a 3 horse gooseneck with a bed and
propane heater (no extra amenities), to a 3 horse bumper pull with
dressing room and getting a slide in camper for my truck. I have a 97
standard bed Ford 250 2 wheel drive. I can't afford a bigger truck, but
was looking at trying to up grade my sleeping quarters with the slide-in
camper for my truck bed. I was told to avoid any camper that hangs over
the bumper, as this can lead to needing extended hitches and stabilizers.
What do you do when at camp for a vehicle if needed? What if the Vet
chaeck is away from basecamp? Do you haul your stuff like water etc. in
the camper? Do people like the "soft side" slide in campers that pop up?
Where do you store them in winter? Are they a hassle to put in and out of
the truck? It's usually just me and my daughter camping. Pros? Cons?
Thanks in advance.