IAHA Web Site

Interesting feedback from the IAHA web site I thought I would share.  I
have been bugging IAHA for some time now about providing the ability for
members to access horse information, points accumulated, etc., much like
AERC does.  You only have 30 days after a ride to send in the Distance
Ride form for points.  Had to call them periodically to be sure they got
it.  Their record keeping and communication has always been less than
spectacular.

They finally got a "Members Only" section which supposedly provides the
ability to access this information.  I eagerly signed on, but much to my
dismay, got a message that says my "browser must be updated".  Huh?  I
run Netscape 4.78 by choice because its quick, less complex, and I LIKE
it!  Why do I need latest level browser? Some of the older PCs which
work just fine with Netscape 4.78 are dog slow with the new browsers. I
know, because I have two PCs and one of them is an older model. Besides,
if AERC, AMAZON, SEARS, etc...ad infinitum can do it, why can't IAHA?
Never ran across a web site that wouldn't use 4.78....maybe limit
function.... but REQUIRE an update to my broswer....made no sense to me.

Why would an organization like IAHA not want a "basic" (read that "text
based") website like AERC's for this function so it would be quick and
the maximum number of online members could access it? Not like you go
there every day.

Hmmmm....

So......sent a message suggesting they "fix" it.  This was the reply.
Hope some of you at least, have the ability to "admire" it.  Must be a
real work of art. Maybe Mike Maul could give them a few suggestions?
<grin> Guess they never heard of KISS. :)

Jim, Sun of Dimanche, and Mahada Magic

In order to provide you, our member, with high functionality, secure
transaction processing, real-time database transactions, and the
individual
experience in which you have requested, we at IAHA were driven to create
state-of-the-art website.  The International Arabian Horse Association's
staff is working hard everyday to design, create, and implement a
website
that gives our member the power to create membership, renew membership,
enter a horse into a program, manage a club, apply for a show, and
provide
vital information such as horse summaries and competition.

The reason you are no longer able to view the International Arabian
Horse
Association's website, is due to a recent change in technology.  The new
browser versions require a entire different DOM definition.  This
Dynamic
Object Module change, has (based on our design) required us to change
the
website, and add our website requirements.  This is not uncommon for
interactive sites.

International Arabian Horse Association's website is designed for use
with
the latest versions of Internet Explorer and Netscape Navigator. If you
currently use older versions of these browsers (including Internet
Explorer
4.x or earlier, Netscape Navigator 6.0 or earlier) you  will not be able
access the 'Members Only' section.  If we allowed you to obtain access
the website, you would experience technical difficulties while viewing
our
site.
We recommend downloading Microsoft IE 5.0 or later, or Netscape
Navigator
6.0 or later to fully experience our site. You must also have JavaScript
enabled in your browser's preferences, in addition to having cookies
enabled. A browser other than those recommended above, key functions
will
not work properly.

Thank you,

Jennifer Wright