MSM and recovering EPM horses

  Hi all...I was wondering if any one has heard about
giving recovering EPM horses 99.9% pure MSM to help
rebuild atrophied muscles. Susposedly it increases the
blood supply to the muscles which speeds up muscle
regeneration.

  I would sure like some input on this from both
people who have tried it and the vets on these lists.

  My mare, Daisy, is EPM free but is still weak in her
haunches and the muscles on one side are slightly
smaller than the corresponding muscles on the opposite
side. A well meaning friend has been touting the
wonders of MSM and has been telling me it will help
rebuild Daisy's muscles. It's rather expensive so I
want to hear others thoughts on this before shelling
out the bucks to try it.

Thanks so much,
Penny
Daisy