Re:RC P&R

It is sooo true that a horse will hold his breath. How many times have you been riding ever so quietly in the woods and all of a sudden your horse spots a deer/pig/turkey, what ever would catch their attention. If you let them, they will stand so still and not breath and you can feel their heartbeat under your calves. They are listening and can't hear when they are snorting and blowing.

I have been at a vet check when my steed would stop and listen for his buddy to bugle. He is not breathing and then when the buddy bugles back the heart rate goes up. Dang, I hate that!

Just from that observation alone I would have to agree that it could be a useless tool to check respiration at a vet check. If anyone is hyperventilating, it's me!
What the hell are all those deer doing out in the woods? They are scaring my horses!!!! Lisa Salas, The Odd Farm