The little arab that could!

I am so proud of my horse! We rode in the
Rockdale County Christmas parade today, and
everyone was telling me to be careful, and "are
you sure you dont just want to borrow my horse?
He's an arab you know, they can be pretty jumpy"
I tried to explain that my horse knows I wont
make him do anything that'll hurt him, and he
trusts me..but they didnt seem to believe me.
Much to their surprise he was one of the best
behaved there. There were firetrucks with their
sirens on behind us, a train went by with the
tracks only about 10 feet away. Cops on
motorcycles rode up and down to keep all the
crowds of noisy people back..and my good lil boy
just walked right on..no offense to quarter
horses or anything...but those "dead broke
quarters" were a little freaked out.. My
"terrible mix of breeds" half-arab half
saddlebred gelding was great! And there were many
comments on how he looked more like a parade
horse..the way he carried his head and all.
..he's also barefoot...which is also not a big
thing where I board, but the horses shod had a
hard time on the steep hills on the road..and we
were fine, not sore at all. Then again..it was
only about a 10 mile parade, which doesn't
compare to endurance rides, but barefoot is fine
for us now. So today a good sized group of people
learned that arabs can handle way more then most
people think they can, and some dont have to have
shoes on too!  - And we had a great time too!
Happy Trails!
Kelly
&
Slim - the "crazy" barefooted arab/saddlebred :p