Re: RC: Re: "On the Muscle"?

In a message dated 01-11-30 10:16:47 EST, betsy@micoks.net writes:

<< I understand "On the muscle" to mean a horse is keyed up and difficult to
 control. It does not mean the horse is actually misbehaving, but the rider
 has to be very alert. the rider can actually feel it because the horse is
 tense. the term is used when the horse is fresh, and then the horse usually
 works out of it......feeling like you are siting on a volcano "is a very
good description. >>

LOL...this describes my guy to a "T".  Being on him for the first 5 or so
miles of a ride is kinda like clinging to the back of a rabid animal on a bad
acid trip.  <G>  I always figure that if I live through those first few
miles, the rest of the ride will be a piece of cake.  He always mellows out
after those first few miles, but whooee, those first few really get my
adrenaline pumping.

Dawn in Texas