? horseshoes/traction

I have a 9 yr old arab gelding that slides out from underneath of
himself on the trail.  He slides both front and back.  Currently  he is
shod in  plain keg steel shoes.  I would like to find a shoe that will
give him more traction.  My horse is probably the only distance horse
that my farrier shoes and so we both are looking for ideas.  I see many
types of shoes advertised and was wondering what experiences you may
have had with them.  I want to stay away from borium.  My farrier was
wondering if an outside rim shoe would help.  Anybody try this?  We are
also working through an interferring issue behind.  Thanks for your