Barefoot Endurance (Kat's Post)

Kat:
Good job.
As usual, you have summed up the discussions in a non-emotional,
rational way, keeping the horses' best interests in mind.
   Unfortunately, on most of the barefoot lists, steel shoes are *not*
discussed as an option as the steel shoe is blamed for more problems than you can
shake a stick at.
 My horses are barefoot as much as possible, but steel shoes are my protection of
choice  when I think they need them .
  I have expressed my opinions (pretty strongly) on the barefoot lists and  was flamed off one of them,  actually being called "evil" (and ignorant) by some of the people on that list.
That kind of attitude leaves me cold, but does not render me silent.

  I can tell you this... these discussions are the most level-headed I've read and
they're important.
 There's alot of collective experience here,
and there are "regulars" on this list, who's opinions I respect.

Barb

KATS post in part read:
  I hope, that when all the people on the barefoot endurance list discuss
all the possible hoof protection options for endurance horses, that they
don’t totally discount steel shoes.  Like ANY other hoof protection
option, steel shoes have their drawbacks, but they have their advantages
too.  Coming from somebody who has experimented with LOTS of alternatives,
it is a big mistake not to at least consider steel when deciding on hoof
protection of choice for an endurance horse.