RE: P&R--rider attitude

Well said Angie,

 The vast majority of riders are grateful, gracious and cheerful.

And it is understandable some riders might be confused when Sunland is the
 only ride in our area that has P&R people count respirations, instead of
 having the vet evaluate the respiration on its own merits. (Once I had a
P&R
 person at Sunland tell me my horse (who won BC that day because he just
 never breathes) was inverted because there was a hollow under his hip!
With
 great difficulty I kept quiet and found another P&R person.)

> <<So...if someone happens to be less than gracious just try
> to remember, they're dehydrated, stressed, and generally a tad mentally
> compromised.  Chances are they are very nice people.>>

 This is why ride manager Terry Wooley feeds her riders and volunteers like
 an Italian mother--to keep the blood sugar (and good attitudes) up!  It
works, too--her rides are one big party and phenomenally popular.