Re: RC: Re: Re: Barefoot

At 04:14 PM 11/28/2001 -0800, you wrote:
>(eg., http://www.endurohorse.com/EHRide1897/5433.jpg  or
>http://www.endurohorse.com/EHRide1897/5448.jpg) you'll see that the eastern
>Mohave volcanic rocks are a very different matter than the rounded stones
>found in our coastal hills and washes.

I've put up some more, here are a couple that show the rocks ON the trail:

http://www.endurohorse.com/EHRide1898/5467.jpg
http://www.endurohorse.com/EHRide1898/5468.jpg

The whole photo set from those pics can be found here:
http://www.endurohorse.com/event_pics.asp?1898p1-karen
I am also uploading a second set of day 2 photos, and will later get the
day 3 sets.  The trail has sections of really good footing, and some
sections where there are a lot of rocks.  The creek beds/washes we are in
are quite long (miles), and they are made up entirely of rock (no
dirt).  It's hard going on a horse that isn't used to it (any horse, even
those with shoes or easyboots).  I have ridden this ride at least 6 times
(and Gambler's twice), and always have used easyboots -- since the XP this
summer I've continued using them on all 4 feet (I used to just use them on
the fronts) because the horses are going so well in them on all 4-- I would
l much rather have the boots take the abuse than my horses feet.

Karen