rudeness

Some vets do worry about respiration's in the SE, it has been a while.  If they ever pull at a thermometer, know that they are worried about the horses being inverted.  Yes, they do pant to cool, but if the temp. is extraordinarily high, they tend to worry.  Lots of horses were panting at JD's this weekend, it rained (nothing new, even the locals know it's our fault that it rains every thanksgiving), then Saturday morning it stopped.  It was hot, and pretty humid.  A very good rider, in the 100,  slowed down because it was unusual for his horses to pant.
 Now on the comment about me not fitting through Blake's motor home window, I have done it before.  And you must be thinking about someone else, top heavy???
 Rudeness to volunteers, I always tell the "new" or the "too nice" volunteers to send the AH to me if they say anything out of the way to them.  This past weekend, several people showed up real late to register, then one AH made some comment about the order in which they got registered.  I actually held my tongue (first time for everything) and didn't tell him that they went before him because they weren't AH's.  But I admit to having my guns cocked Saturday, especially after he was rude to someone later that evening.  But irony happened, he didn't say anything out of the way to the help, and got pulled at the finish line.  This year and last, you couldn't ask for a nicer bunch of riders at JD's.  It poured from start to finish last year, and no one had a cow about things.  I even accidentally gave Lois McAfee (last year) 10 min. too long, and she just calmly walked over and asked if it was correct, and then didn't fuss at all.  Even though she was almost late leaving by my error.
 I'm sorry, there is no excuse for being rude to volunteers.  If I am working a ride you will receive a warning first, you don't want me to talk to you a second time.  And trust me, ride managers would rather have one volunteer, than one rude rider.

Nina