RE: RC: rudeness

 Dbeverly4@aol.com wrote:

<snip>

<  Also, having
<exchanged a private post with the original sender of this post, I can
understand how she might have abraded a tired rider's <nerves.  She
basically told me that if my
<horse panted, he obviously wasn't suited for endurance riding (this is
a horse with 6 Tevis completions, OT, Virginia City, blah <blah as well
as 5,000 combined
<AERC/NATRC miles).  I'd say the attitude of the P worker had something
to do with the response she received.
<Sylvia

As I was reading the original post, although I'm sorry if the person
feels they were treated rudely....I wondered if the P&R person indeed
understood the difference between panting to cool and inversion?   I can
imagine that people were seriously questioning their verdict.  The CTR
group I am familiar with does not take respiration either - they have
recognized that panting is an efficient way for a horse to cool, and not
a sign that the horse is unfit.  Different thing than inversion.

Jude in Ohio