barefoot process question

Kimberly kprice@grizzlydesign.com
There is a guy at my ranch who read Strasser's book on barefoot horses and
is now fanatical about it.  He says Strasser's book states everyone will
be against him and so don't listen to anyone's opinions.  He is like a
religious fanatic to me...

I have no problem with anyone taking their horse barefoot but in the
process what he does is par down the soles and heels every 2 weeks.  The
horse is so sore he can barely stand up.  Then he soaks the feet, then
turns him out in the arena and chases him with a crop to force him to trot
and gallop.  It is so painful to watch.  As he leads the horse from the
water soaking to the arena the horse can barely take steps he is so sore.
All of us and pointed out to him how sore the horse is and he knows.  I've
told him to his face there is no justification for causing a horse this
pain, regardless of the end result.  He says I 'abuse my horse' by having
shoes on him.

So my question is, what is the justifcation?  Has he deviated from the
process?  Would other barefoot advocates agree with his methods?

I am open to rational explanations but will not respond to flames.

Thank you,
Kimberly (&Mystery the Morab)