Re: RC: Re: Silver State 2001

I am reminded of my sweet husband years ago - conditioning for his second or third ride - can't remember. He was about 10 miles or so out into our local park and apparently our stallion hit a rock and went VERY sore. So...not only did Gary get off and walk him ALL THE WAY HOME, he unsaddled him and CARRIED his 26# saddle ALL THE WAY HOME. When I asked him about this as I tried to hide a loving grin, he explained that he had read Black Beauty and knew that a lame horse should not be ridden and that in the story, Beauty was unsaddled and treated :). That's my Gary! Long way to carry someone else's burden, don't you think?