From: Dbeverly4@aol.com
To: karen@storallnv.com, ridecamp@endurance.net
Subject: RC:   Silver State 2001
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 23:58:04 EST

In a message dated 11/26/2001 4:36:15 PM Pacific Standard Time,
karen@storallnv.com writes:

 >  The only
 > negative thing that day was the horse people were trying to ride
 > barefoot.  The horse was looked really lame out on the trail, it was so
 > sore that even my junior couldn't believe the rider didn't get off and
walk
 > it back to camp.  I guess it **barely** passed the vet check with a grade
2
 > lameness at the end.

<FLAME SUIT ON>Wasn't this the same horse who finished in reportedly "great"
shape after the Sunland ride (see initial forwarded post to Ridecamp)?  IF
this is the same horse, which has been reported on other lists (but not RC)
to have finished "sound" (I don't consider grade 2 lame sound) on THIS
particular ride, you've got to wonder.  The reason I ask is that what we ask
our horses to do is hard enough -- this barefoot trend just makes me crazy.