Re: Long Distance Shipping

I shipped Blue out from CA to Santa Fe on Bob Hubbard.
They are terrific.  They were very nice and knowledgeable.
His whole trip door to door was $628.  He was picked up
one day, rested one day and then loaded onto the truck
that came from So. Cal to Santa Fe.  He came straight
through on one of their big rigs so he was comfy.  They
picked up two bales of his hay so he got to eat what he
was used to, and I got a bale to mix with his hay here.
They also brought along a few of his tack items that I'd
left behind with him.  Only thing is make sure you have a
piece of tape with your name on everything so the driver
knows who it belongs to.

We had a great chat with the drivers who told me Blue
ate and drank really well the whole time and that he'd made
friends with the gaited horse in the next stall.  He arrived in
great shape.  I was really pleased with the whole experience
and I don't think I could have done a better job myself
especially at that price.

http://www.thoroughbredinfo.com/showcase/bhht.htm

Kathy Myers
in Santa Fe, NM