From: Bob Morris [mailto:bobmorris@rmci.net]
Sent: Thursday, November 22, 2001 5:47 PM
To: guest@endurance.net; ridecamp@endurance.net
Subject: RC: RE: Letter French Federation to FEI

This is a very interesting thing to note:

<<<1. to officially designate a circuit manager for each
championship. He/She
will has as duties to design the circuit, to define the
length of the
stage in function of constraints defined by the Commission.
The concept
behind this is that constraints come from ride time and not
distance
between the vet gates. We have to come back to distances
ranging from 30
to 40-kms, or 2 hours for the fastest.>>>

First is the fact of designing the circuit, or trail as we
would call it. Very few endurance rides that we have to do
that unless they mean the selection of what trail to take.
The next thing is the length of the stages or distance
between vet stops. They are calling for distances of 19 to
25 miles between vet stops.

This puzzles me as the FEI requires a vet stop with in the
first 6 to 10 miles. Then there must be one not less than 2
miles before the finish. Then most of the competitions I
have heard of have vet checks quite often. Wonder what is
actually happening?

Bob Morris