Moral Dilemma/slander lawsuits

You'd be amazed what people will sue over.  I sued a horse rescue operation
here for fraud and they turned around and sued one of my clients (among
others) in their jurisdiction for slander because my clients publicly accused
them of fraud.  We won here (first) but I cannot practice law in California
and the California court entered judgment against my client there for being
guilty of slander.  Even though we had already won in Kansas showing that
this was a fraudulent group.  Weird, huh?

Again, I'm not saying it would come to a lawsuit.  Nor am I saying this
person should keep silent.  As I told them in a private post, just be
prepared.  Have photos and your vet ready to back you up.  YOU have to show
that the statements are true.  Innocent until proven guilty is a nice phrase,
but it just doesn't work that way in real life.

Rhonda