Re: RC: Winterizing for your horses

This article give good information on the
subject and confirms my beliefs that "blanketing" is not really needed
except in special times.

I have always thought that.  It makes me feel sorry for the poor horses when I see people who trailer tham blanketed.  It gets really warm in a trailer, even in the winter.  Up until last year, even my old horses lived in the pasture all winter with no shelter other than trees.  This year I have the old mule, age 31, and Melissa's old horse, age 28 in a really huge paddock that does have a shelter in it.  I do blanket Leroy when I know for sure it will rain, because he is really thin.  I think horses are much healthier when left unblanketed....

mb