Re: RC: Re: Survey: Riding mares

In a message dated 11/11/01 7:17:18 AM Pacific Standard Time, heidi@sagehillcmk.com writes:

Personally, I think far too many people have an unfounded prejudice against
mares, and they pass up some wonderful prospects as a result.

That's for darned sure. A mare who is cranky when in heat is generally just cranky in general! We just have not found mares who are cared for, working, well fed, socialized - to be a problem just because they are mares. On the contrary, I LOVE riding our mares - all 5 of them!