Bosal questions

Kimberly Price kprice@grizzlydesign.com
Hi all,

I ride Mystery out on the trail in a rope halter/lead quite often as he is
very well behaved.  I'm thinking about getting a bosal with horsehair
reins just for something different, something pretty but I don't know
anything about them.

Are they equated to hackamores?  Are they harsh?  Are they close to the
same as using the rope halter/lead?  What do people like/dislike about
them?

Thanks!  I hope everyone is enjoying the fall...
Kimberly (&Mystery the Morab)