Hey Ridecampers, I really need some advice.
I know this is not really endurance related, but I am coming up with nothing on searches on the net, so I hope someone can help me.
I just sold my 3 year old Morgan gelding. I live in Virginia and the purchaser lives in Deleware. She of course wants her own vet to pronounce him sound, which I understand, and the sale won't be complete until that process is finished. She wants to transport him to her home and have him vetted there. I am concerned about liability should something happen on the road or while he is awaiting the vetting. Who should be responsible for the insurance on him in this case? All the insurance companies I've queried about this seem to think that I would need to take out Mortality and Loss of Use policies, which would amount to a minimum of $300.00. I don't carry any insurance on my horses at this time, as I don't particularly like the amount of control the insurance companies have as to what I have to do with my horse should something happen. I don't have expensive show horses, just good, dependable trail mounts. I sold this guy for all of $3000.00, so what are my options? I'm sure someone out there has dealt with this problem before, so if you have some good advice you can email me privately at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks in advance,