Pulling a no show

carla lawson robandcarla@bellsouth.net
Husbands Mother called last night or early this morning to say her mother
had passed away. We were the first ones she called. I was looking forward
to going to Spook Run and riding after 2 years and 6 months. However
Granny is way more important. I called two of the 4 juniors I was going to
sponsor this morning so they could attend school and not be abscent. The
other two had to drop because of ailing family member. I wasn't at all
disappointed because I couldn't go. I was disappointed for the girls. But
reassured them there will be another ride perhaps in March or April. Yeah
Howard even If I have to drive to Florida to do it. Thanks for the much
needed advice about pre ride jitters. Believe it or not we after we
pre-planned our ride I settled down alot. We decided that we were going to
start in dead last, pick our way thru at a good pace that we felt everyone
would be comfortable with. Taking turns leading. I was going to ride going
from back to front to keep checking on horses and riders. As soon as we
saw we were close to VC we were going to all dismount and loosen saddles
and hope to come in with low rates. After VC we were going to see how all
was going to see if we should increase or decrease the pace pending horse
and rider comfort. When the last VC came into view we planned on
Dismounting (pending positions of other riders other than us) and walk in
again but hand in hand. Like a team. We all just wanted to complete. I
hope all that goes has a safe trip. Looks like Ansata has a few more
months to get over those mud puddles!
carla (going to go to E TN now)
Ansata (whew)
Haley (maybe I can go next time if Dad is ready)
Rob *in E Tn already*