melenomas

Gee I'd pass on that horse......we tried to breed a friend's
mare this year who had outward lumps all over...we trie dthe
same mare last year and she didn't settle...there was a vet
examine last year.  Well, this year the same thing...but, we
even noticed that the stud had a hard time penetrating.  After
mare went home we suggested the owner have another examine and
golly gee the mare had a tumor just inside the vagina.  I would
not cover the mare again and luckily the owner agreed.  We also
had a young gray mare here ....age 4 we had gotten in a sale.
Nice looking mare, tall, large bone ...but, a tumor in the
middle of her tail...had a biopsey and yep....a melnoma.  We
were offered money from the original owners as they were looking
for her bloodlines for a broodmare.  We sold her but,
personally......I wouldn't breed her.

june