Re: RC: Annual Meeting/BOD List

Merryben..

O.K...I'm a newbie at this....only been to one Convention.  Only thing I
knew about was the Saturday meeting.  Maybe I should have, perhaps I
missed it, but I didn't see the "schedule" and didn't know about the
Thursday/Sunday ones.  My fault.  However, If the BOD REALLY wants
feedback from the members, don't you think it would be in the best
interest of AERC to schedule interactive meetings when the majority of
the members are sure to be present?  Scheduling Thursday/Sunday  almost
guarantees that many of us who have limited time off haven't got there
yet or need to get back to go to work on Monday won't be able to attend.
People from the East Coast are dealing with a time change.  We are
tired, dealing with a ridiculous check-in at the Legacy, and our clocks
are screwed up. I don't know who schedules the times/dates, but doesn't
sound like they are scheduled for maximum participation....or maybe
that's the intent? No offense intended, but that's the appearance.

My request is still on the table...how about AT LEAST a reception after
the general meeting? Why can't the BOD provide SOME period of time on
Friday or Saturday when the majority of members can interact with the
board?  For all practical purposes, the "General Membership" meeting
serves no purpose for anyone but the BOD. It's a spectator event. Why
don't you move THAT to Thursday?  Or Sunday? Which is more important?

IMHO, the fact that the "meeting rooms are cheaper" on Thursday is a
pretty lame excuse.

Jim, Sun of Dimanche and Mahada Magic

--
Richard T. "Jim" Holland