Re: RC: Sidebones....

I had a mare that was diagnosed with side bone. The vet said it was one of
the worst cases he had seen. I gave her away to a friend who wanted to breed
her. After two foals, she came back to me and was sound. However, she could
not do circles in the arena and she did not stay sound on the trail. She was
fine for a young girl to use as a light pleasure horse, but that was about
it.

My vet seemed to think that maybe she would have been OK if she had been
trimmed properly before I got her. I guess her feet weren't balanced (high on
the outside or something like that) and the shoer I had then didn't improve
on it very much.

Bonnie
So. Calif.