Re: RC: Response to National Championship $20.00 per Rider fee and AERC

Hello Jim  I do believe my comments were quite clear.

I have a paper forth coming about the issues .. I did cover the major
points though.

There is more to what Connie had to say   about support and the
funding issues.

I have only seen ONE negative comment about the NCR.  Related to the
AERC support of the awards for the NC. Suggested it was for 'select
elite group'?   Now I see there are more .. oh still going to happen.

But the support for the other awards is OK? Also a small select group
 - who like the NC winners  - did a outstanding job chasing points.

 All award systems recognize only a small select group of the
 membership  I thought that was what awards were suppose to do -
 recognize excellence in the performance ..
  ------------
This was a post I sent to the BOD  - so I start now with more public
banter on this  - here is one paper .

  The issue was in response to the concept  an expenditure of funds
  'has to be equal benefit for ALL members'
  and the concept that  ' this is just another ride'

AERC BOD,
We spend quite a large sum of dollars for the Annual 'MEETING'
Convention  -AWARDS SHOW and Trade show  for  the 'members'  who have
the resources to get there ..mostly from the local area
and for those who choose to compete for the 'awards' that are
Paid for from the General Fund. A limited select group of members.
Less then who attended the NC this year.

SO does that constitute equal benefit for ALL members  or just a
select few  - say 500 to 600 attendees and 100 members getting awards.

Of course IF the annual 'show' made money then I guess its ok to have
this event - even though ALL members do not gain anything from it. Nor
do many really care to even participate ..  sort of like a ride or the
NC maybe?.

SO based on this logic  we dont need the ANNUAL Event ..
But it does make money for the General Fund .. at least the figures
show it does.

Since only a select few desire the AERC NC as a form of competition
and IF the event made  dollars for AERC then I assume it would pass
the test and would offer limited benefit as does the AERC CONV/SHOW.

Why do we NEED the 'BIG SHOW'
Is that part of our 'charter' and purpose? Where is it defined we are
authorized to have this event AND SPONSOR it.  What happens IF it
LOOSES due to lack of attendance? The funds come out of AERC. ???

And this year we just MAY have the lowest attendance ever .. plan for
that one.

Supporting a RIDE is more in compliance with our bylaws then the
annual bash.

We can have the BOD meetings without a 'membership meeting' which  per
John and Steve we are not  holding legally anyway.

  NEITHER EVENT provides a 'benefit for the entire membership'
   So no AERC ANNUAL BASH-PARTY and no AERC NC?

Roger

Hows that?