Re: RC: RE: $20 Fee for National Championship Ride

If I remember correctly the qualifications changed somewhat from year to year. I remember it was 400 miles as a rider/horse team. There was no placement criteria as I remember. But it was more of a trailer race than a horse race. There was a ride in each region and the high points took the prize. So he who had the time to go to up to 8 rides was most likely your winner.

Nancy Mitts wrote:

Kathy,
When the NC was a series of rides, the qualifications were tougher. I think
you had to have 200 miles on that horse in that year (prior to the series),
plus a certain placement in your weight division (I think). The rides were
poorly attended, and one of the reasons given was that the qualifications
were too tough.
What's this deal about the heavyweight & middleweight being easy to win?
Tell that to the ones that didn't complete the ride!