NC Ride

I think you should all know that through many efforts, our club (Daniel Boone Distance Riders) that put on this years National Championship did not loose any money.(We are very close to the break even point) We all worked hard, many of the riders even gave extra to help th ride succeed. The vets gave us great discounts in order to have a successful ride.The only thing we are asking of AERC this coming year is to let us go out and pursue the sponsors for the ride. This year we were allowed to do so but not until a few weeks before the ride. This year we would like to start now, in our pursuit. I think that the club in California that will be managing the ride in 2003 would want to go after some sponsors starting now. We were able to obtain enough money to support the ride, but just need the cooperation from the BOD to do it again next year. As for the year end awards, I believe the figure of $6700.00 was given only because that is what the sponsor who supported it last year gave. I do not think anyone feels like this figure has to be used, it only says not to exceed. I hope this has helped clear up a few things. Thanks for all the letters each of you have sent in support. I hope AERC will be able to use this ride as a showcase for it's members in the future. Connie Caudill