From: Onefarmgirl@aol.com [mailto:Onefarmgirl@aol.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 30, 2001 9:10 AM
To: ridecamp@endurance.net
Subject: RC: NC ride

Well, ain't I a babe in the woods?   It would have never occured to me in a million years that AERC was not supporting and helping coordinate the AERC National Championship ride.   I like, uh, don't get it.

Seems we have a fundamental conceptual misunderstanding here, which needs to be resolved.  Is this THE annual national championship for our sport?  If so, I believe it should be coordinated and funded (or at least overseen) by the national office.  If it is just a regular sactioned ride, no different from any other, the national office has NO additional role aside from that performed for all rides.

My own one-man's-opinion is that the National Championship rides, which I have never had the good fortune to attend, should be a unique, structured AERC event, with appropriate guidance and direction from the national office.

In any case, at a minimum we need to clarify the roles and relationships.

More input from our BOD members??

pat farmer