Re: Blanketing Question

Please read the last sentense of my response. Our temps can go from 80 degrees to the teens in the winter in FL and other areas on the gulf coast. I would persume the same might be true in areas of Southern CA. That is also our ride season, If a horse has a winter coat then to compete some will need to clipped. When Alberta clipper (how our local weatherpersons refer to a very cold cold front ) and the temps are in the teens I don't know of many horses that would not need a blanket in the stall or in the pasture at least at night when there is no sun and it is cold if they had been clipped for competition.

Now does this apply?

It's a big country - no one rule works for all of us all the time.

Truman

"Swigart, Kathy" wrote:

You said:

>>How about a horse who spends most of his time in a warm climate, say FL or Southern CA and all of a sudden goes out of region? How about horses taken from FL out west in June where they've been in 90 degrees for a month and all of a sudden hit 40 degrees and rain in South Dakota? How about horses that are body clipped to compete in the winter and a Alberta clipper rolls through pushing the teens into the teens.<<

Truman,

The original question was "Do I need to blanket my horse in his stall at home?"

This is obviously not the same question as "Is there ever any use for a horse blanket?"

kat

p.s.  I find it mildly humerous that you consider South Dakota "out west" :)