Crochet patterns for horse tack

April Johnson april@jadawn.com
Hi, all,

I have been wondering about crocheted horse tack. Specifically saddle
blankets and possibly fly masks. I know how resourceful this group is and
I thought maybe somebody could point me in the right direction for finding
patterns for this sort of thing. I guess my alternative is to stand out by
my horse with yarn and a hook and crochet it right there at the barn! :)

I really want to make a saddle blanket. I am using a 3/4" Tacky Tack pad
with a Navajo blanket on top. But it's not quite wide enough to hide the
entire pad, so I was thinking of making my own. I guess I can use my
Navajo pad as a pattern, but thought I might see if somebody else has had
this idea and has a pattern for me to go off of.

My Tanna is doing great. I love him to death. We've finally gotten the
tack thing worked out and we've been doing some nice 10 mile rides
together. Maybe next spring we'll start looking into doing some Sunday
endurance rides if we can find a ride from Nashville. (Any offers?? :))

Anyway, the time is about to change and I thought crocheting for my horse
during the cold winter evenings (ok, I'm a wimp) would be a nice project
to take on.

Any ideas or thoughts or you're-just-plain-crazy-April emails can be sent
to april@jadawn.com or posted to Ridecamp.

April (eager for projects)
Tanna (Given up riding me bareback, huh?? :-P)
Serts (But she can ride me bareback, you young upstart!)