THANK YOU Susan G

Gayle Young bellestar32@hotmail.com
I'm going to delurk to add our two cents about our experiences with Susan,
because if the horse world doesn't really realize the treasure they have
right here, they should.  My family has owned horses for many years and we
thought we knew quite a bit about nutrition, but this past year we had
some terrible problems with our mares and foals that had both of our very
good local vets stumped.  We contacted everyone we could think of for help
and finally a vet in Arizona said he had taken a seminar that Susan had
taught and as far as he was concerned, she was THE final authority in
horse nutrition.  We contacted Susan and bless her heart, she came all the
way out to our ranch and spent all morning nosing around our pastures and
looking at the foals and what the previous vets had written and then gave
us reams and reams of suggestions telling us exactly what to change in our
program and why to do it and how it was effecting our mares and our foals
growth.  Our vet came by and HE spent an hour asking her questions and
taking notes (my husband said he about fell on the floor when he saw our
crusty old vet asking for someone else's opinion).  Our vet said go with
her recommendations, we made the changes and EVERY last one of the
problems we had with our babies has totally disappeared.  It all turns out
that we had a mineral problem that no one else saw but Susan did and MOST
importantly, she cared enough to take the time to help us. And she
wouldn't take a dime for what she did, it was all we could do to get her
to stay for dinner (and my husband sneaked a box of homegrown steaks into
her truck when she wasn't looking):-).  These days, you just don't find
that kind of generosity and graciousness very often anymore, let alone
from someone with her knowledge and expertise. There just isn't a breath
of "what's in it for me" in her, and after having read some public flames
about her last summer suggesting she is "not what she seems", well, those
people should be mortally ashamed of themselves because people don't come
any better than this one.  I KNOW she saved the life of at least two of
our foals that our vet was thinking we would have to put down and I'm sure
her help ensured a better future for our other foals and mares as well.

My family and I are planning on riding endurance someday and all I can say
is that had we lost these foals as we were bracing ourselves to do, we
would have given up horses entirely. It's not very often you can point to
one person and say they've truly changed someone's life for the better,
but this lady has hands down.  My husband and I are going to attend this
year's convention for the first time just so we can hear what Susan has to
say.  We would LOVE to hear an all-day talk.  As far as we are concerned,
she deserves wings and a halo.

Gayle and Steve Young