Re: Choosing a saddle

Hi Dona,

Here is some undeniable facts that I have found through the years from
horses, customers and saddles. All of these flexible tree saddles --- there
is no plastic, fiberglass or any Hi tech material on the market that will
keep it's memory forever. When you sit on one of these trees it squashes
out. It does not squash out evenly because of the unevenness of material and
if you happen to have a slightly twisted pelvis (which we all do) it will
flex more on one side than the other and cause pressure points. All horses I
have ever palpitated that have had any type of flexible tree on their backs
have scar tissue lumps in their shoulders and usually along the sides of
their spines. People get these saddles and they are wonderful at first then
the accumulative problems start till after about 6 months they start showing
up more and more. According to how much you weigh and your horses
conformation depends on how much these trees spring out and what part gives
the most. If the fork spreads out it will tip you foreword and put more wgt
on the horses withers.
The person who builds the SR Enduro does not hands on build it himself. He
farms it out for someone else to build or at least he use to. It does not
have a high cantle for support and security. They do not put these trees
together from scratch to fit your particular horse and they do not build the
seat and what's under the seat (which is called the ground seat) to fit just
you.

Even though this guy is only 100 miles away, what will he do if this tree
does not work out on your horse?

Marilyn Horstmyer
Desoto Custom Saddlery
(231) 775-5612