Sports Medicine Boots & Endurance

I searched the archives and found a thread about SMB from '99 and the
consensus was that they can rub, cause abrasions and hold in heat. I
have always been "anti-boots", but now I find myself in a situation
where I need to start riding in them.

Due to my horses slopey pasterns and a slight strain my vet advised me
strongly to start having my horse wear them ALL the time while riding
and even wrapping her legs while resting in her pen. Does ANYONE use
these boots successfully while doing endurance??? I feel my choices are
not to wear them and eventually have a lame horse or wear them and have
heat. Heat - Lameness - Heat- Lameness? I think I'll take heat. Help?

Lauren