Re: RC: Kangaroo trot

Could be conformation or could be he needs some training. Find a dressage trainer and have her/him evaluate the horse. My guess with some dressage work he will extend in a much smoother (and more efficient )  trot.

Truman

Todd Marshall wrote:

Dear ridecampers, My horse has several different trots,a slower collected trot,a medium working hunter trot,and his favorite-the sprong/sprong/sprongkangaroo.He really bounces up and down ,and this seems to be his trot of choice on longer rides.My ankles are really getting jarred up and down.I saw that Running Bear carries a stirrup that has a spring in the top-would this be helpful?I've tried collecting him and then extending him w/my leg,but he slows down with a nice western jog.Any suggestions would be appreciated!I feel like I'm working as hard as he is<BG> Thanks in advance,Alicia and Viktor