ranch arabs

The Cartright (sp) Ranch in Alberta used and bred arabs for years. The owner felt arabs made great ranch stock and had one of the best breeding programs arrround. Unfortunately the ranch is gone and so is the stock.
My bay mare was out of a Bey Sage mare and a morgan stallion with Lippet lines. The morgan Lippit lines are the old style morgan rangy ,tough horses.They are trying very hard to breed these lines back into the morgans. She was turning out to be a great horse. I have never seen another bay as pretty and her conformation was fabulous. She was one of the last group sold with her sister from the ranch. I bought her as a 3 year old from my friend. Her feet were the best I have seen and I left her barefoot. She could cover any type of ground without a problem.
I did over 200 miles on her endurance and a mountain trip into really rough trails. She preformed wonderfully.
I had planned to breed her next spring to an arab stallion Selenoff.
This story unfortunately has a very sad ending. My mare broke a leg and had to be shot while on a pack trip. The stallion has developed a brain tumor and can no longer balance to breed or collect semen. He will be put down humanely soon when he is no longer comfortable.
Paddi