Re: RC: What horses will endure

About 11 years ago I went to look at two Arabs that a lady wanted to get rid of - first for $1500/each and then for $500 each and then just come and get them.  When I saw them I felt they would probably die but I wasn't going to let them die there.  They were in deplorable condition.  The older gelding, 19 years, did end up dying about eight months later - too late for him.  The younger stallion, 9 yrs, is still mine (although gelded now and leased to an older couple that just love him tremendously).  I could not relinquish ownership of him because I would always worry about him suffering again.  Before he was gelded he did sire two lovely foals for me.  My Quarab mare, Kaci is now 9 years old and Bravo who is now 6. They are both very dear to me.  And to make this endurance related - both Bravo and Kaci have done endurance!

Bless you for caring enough to help those horses.  It can be sad but it can also be very rewarding.

Lee

Everything will be okay in the end.  If it's not okay, then it's not the end !