(no subject)

I would like to know how many Board Members would support a
"modification" of the rules to specifically allow a Ride Manager to
exclude dogs from a ride...

I don't think that is necessary.  A ride can make any rules it wants as long as they are advertised in the brochure.  I have a rule that dogs must be on leash or you are disqualified.  It is my ranch and that's the way it is.  Some rides insist the horse be shod, no pregnant or lactating mares, saddles, etc.  These are not aerc rules but individual ride rules.  If you don't like the rules, don't go....I have to have my dogs fed if I am going to be gone and so I would prefer not to go to a ride where dogs are not allowed.  However, nothing infuriates me more than to pay a kennel or dog sitter and then go to the ride and find dogs there and a ride manager who refuses to do anything.  It is not hard to smile sweetly and tell someone the dog as to leave or they do.  Once people find out you are going to enforce "any" of your rules, they will abide by them.

mb