mule saddle?

I have a new gaited mule that I hope to be able to do endurance on...I
would like to hear some suggestions as to what kind of saddle might be
appropriate for her. Also, as this is new to me...which gait would be
the most useful to encourage for endurance? Is the gaited walk efficient
and fast enough? or if you encourage a good trot...do you then ruin the
gaited walk?
Thanks,
Lynda